- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
According to Norwegian news page digi.no, due to growing interest in Opera Mini for the iPhone, Apple has called Opera Software to discuss about the possible partnership between these two companies.
Although no more details were revealed, Håkon Wium Lie (Opera’s Chief Technology Officer) feels confident, that Opera Mini will be approved.
When asked about the possible pricing, he said: We have not decided yet. Typically, the way that you download and use Opera for free (*translated*).
As Opera Software prepares to demonstrate Opera Mini for the iPhone at Mobile World Congress, there are some doubts, whether app will be approved or not.
As Stefan Constantinescu flied to Barcelona (that’s where MMC will be held), he noticed few girls in the airport, holding the following signs:
Opera Software announced its plans to unveil Opera Mini for iPhone during 2010 Mobile World Congress conference, which will be held from 15th to 18th of February.
Although Apple App terms clearly states, that such applications won’t be approved, Opera Software co-founder Jon von Tetzchner said: “we hope that Apple will not deny their users a choice in Web browsing experience.”
As for today, Opera Mini for iPhone is not publicly available.
Thanks to Daf for news tip.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
- UK government pledges support for MS Internet Explorer
- Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4, Opera 10.5, and Extensions
- The Snoopy Google Toolbar
- Enable the Tab Preview Menu Button in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox: People in Germany Are Switching Browsers
- No matter what Apple says, you can’t get a rich web experience without Flash
- How to shorten URLs directly in Opera
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.15.2444
- Clickjacking problem in browsers persists
- Weave 1.0 now available for download
Thansk to Gala and mabdul for links.
- Why there’s no 64-bit Silverlight from Microsoft… yet
- Why Firefox is doomed
- Upgrade Firefox’s Download Manager
- Firebug 1.5 released
- How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
- 10 Great Google Chrome Extensions
- Bing Making Way to iPhone’s Safari?
- Opera downloads in Germany doubled over the weekend
- Experiments with audio, part VI
- Skyfire For Symbian Brought Up To Speed
- Adobe Flash 10.1 allows private browsing
- Ruby Rendering in WebKit
- YouTube, Vimeo Try Out HTML 5.0 Video
- NetFront Browser v4.0
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
While you won’t be able to view just about any page using Flash (sites need to add this runtime first), there are still some great things left to do; for instance: playing .swf games.
If you are curious enough, here are some of the flash demos already made.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!