- Microsoft Labels WebGL A Fundamental, Unacceptable Security Risk
- Dangerous WebGL Flaws Haunt Chrome and Firefox
- Google Chrome Stable, Beta Channel Updates
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Offline Google Docs starts playing peek-a-boo
- Google bypasses admin controls with latest Chrome IE
- Chrome OS Beta Channel Update
- Apple iPad Safari users must pay to read New York Post
- Opera Allows Bookmark Sync With Windows Phone 7
- Facebook Is Taking A Special Interest In RockMelt’s Social Browser
- Deep Shot transfers open websites from desktop to mobile, sans wizardry
- Windows SkyDrive Says Sayonara To Silverlight, Embraces HTML5
The future looks good.
There is some good news floating around about the future of web browsers. As of today, web browsers rely on native code plugins to display PDF files, like Adobe’s PDF reader or Foxit reader. However, this is about to change.
Fortunately for all of us, the web is quickly embracing the new technologies, and thanks to that, guys at pdf.js team plan to create a Firefox extension aka a built in PDF reader which uses HTML5 to render the documents.
The upcoming Mac OS X release from Apple is set to have a browser only mode, similar to one found in Chrome OS.
According to MacRumors, Lion lock screen includes an option to “Restart to Safari”, which basically just boots an operating system with the web browser only.
Furthermore, thanks to the new auto save feature, users can continue where they left after OS is switched back to the default mode.
Mac OS X Lion is set for July release and should be available in the Mac App Store for $29.99.
- Channel Switcher Dropped From Firefox
- How To “Fix” Firefox Memory Leaks
- Download Firefox 6 Aurora
- Download Google Chrome 12 Final
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- Will It Blend? Chrome Notebook
- Apple Safari 5.1 Details
- Download Dolphin Browser HD 5.0 Final
- Nook Touch Web Browser
According to various reports, Apple has released a developer preview build of its upcoming, Safari 5.1 web browser.
Weighting a total of 45.3 MB, Safari 5.1 includes a variety of new features and improvements for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
The following release improves graphics performance on Windows, brings media caching for video and audio web apps, separates browser’s rendering process from its application process, which improves overall browser responsiveness and stability.
Soundtrack not included.
The latest and greatest version of the Opera Mini web browser for the Apple devices has been just released and can be downloaded via iTunes.
As you might have noticed from the video above, Opera Mini 6 includes a new skin and redesigned menus that should improve the user experience.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
PocketNow compared some of the most popular handsets web browsing experience.
If you don’t feel like watching the video, then here is a conclusion for you: what happens when you add the 1.2GHz Exynos CPU and 1GB of RAM to a cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S II)? It destroys the competition, that is all.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
- Google Chrome Blocks Java
- Download Firefox 4.0.1
- Firefox 5 to Receive Huge Performance Improvements
- Download Google Chrome 11 Final
- Hilarious Internet Explorer Video
- Firefox Aurora Lacks Users
- Weekly Browsers Recap + Bonus Links, April 25th
- Firefox 4 Tops 100 Million Downloads